Meercroft Care Inc. has 14 x 2 bedroom units on its property at 1 North Street Devonport, adjacent to its residential aged care facility.
Units are available by paying an Unit Entrance Contribution (please see further for details)
These units have been constructed to meet the needs of the elderly and the elderly with a physical disability in that they are wheel chair friendly with extra width doorways and the provision of hand rails where required. All the units meet a star rating of greater than 6 which allows for efficiencies with heating and cooling.
All the units are of brick construction with aluminium single glazed windows and colorbond roof. There is provision for some off street car parking with the entrance from Clements Street and exit to North Street. All the units face north which allows for maximum sun within the living areas.
Each of the Units offers the following:
- Quality kitchen fitted with laminated bench tops complete with electric bench top plates and under bench oven
- Main bedroom with built in wardrobe
- Second bedroom with a built in wardrobe
- Main bathroom walk-in shower, toilet and vanity unit
- Quality floor coverings and vertical blinds
- Second toilet with hand basin
- Garage with electrically controlled roll-a-door
- Separate laundry
- Water storage tank (2000L) for the toilets
- External clothes line
- 3.5kw heat pump for the lounge area
- Security screens and fly screens to external doors and windows
- Telephone points in the lounge room and main bedroom
- The provision for an alert system operated through the telephone system
- Television antenna with outlets in the lounge room and the main bedroom
- Units are fully insulated in external walls and ceiling